PAULINA FORREST ESQ.
PAULINA FORREST is a graduate of the University of Central Florida (B.A., 2007) and Florida Coastal School of Law (J.D., 2010). She graduated law school with High Honors and High Distinctions.
Prior to joining the Law Office of Daniel E. Forrest, P.A., Ms. Forrest was the Appellate and Training Attorney for the Fourth District of Florida Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel. Her legal career began assisting indigent persons entitled to counsel in dependency cases, defending the civil rights of parents throughout the State of Florida. She was drawn to the importance of the work, and the State's need for quality attorneys to be a voice for people who are usually ignored. She has litigated cases involving a wide spectrum of vulnerable populations. It is and will always be her passion to bring families torn apart by substance abuse or mental health issues together again. She has personally tried cases involving mental health disorders, substance abuse sufferers, termination of parental rights, and guardianships of vulnerable adults. She has been a frequent lecturer on dependency law.
Ms. Forrest devotes her practice to any and all dependency, matrimonial, and family law matters, including divorce, paternity, adoption, premarital agreements, domestic violence, enforcement, contempt, alimony, child support, custody, visitation, parenting plans, time-sharing, equitable distribution, property division, restraining orders, mediation, post-judgment modifications, agency adoptions, annulments, assisted reproductive technology, child abduction, child abuse and neglect, child advocacy, child dependency, cohabitation agreements, surrogacy arrangement, collaborative family law, domestic violence, gay and lesbian family law, international adoptions, independent adoptions, interstate adoptions, juvenile dependency, juvenile law, same-sex marriage, stepparent adoptions, surrogacy law, and termination of parental rights.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- 100% Family Law
- Marital & Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Florida, 2010
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: With High Honors
- Honors: With High Distinction
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- D.S. v. Dep't of Children and Families, WL 1810315, 2015, 4th DCA
- M.P. v. Dep't of Children and Families , 159 So.3d 911 (Fla 4th DCA 2015), 2015, 4th DCA
- J.C. v. Dep't of Children and Families, 77 So.3d 1277 (Fla. 5th DCA 2011), 2011, 5th DCA
- C.P. v. Dept of Children and Families 56 So.3d 1193 (4th DCA 2014)
- O.G. v. Dept of Children and Families 2014 WL 5149083
- Shelter Training, the Basics and More , OCCCRC
- Everything you need to know about mental health evaluations, OCCCRC
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay Chamber of Commerce, Member, Present
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel, Appellate and Training Attorney
- Law Office of Fred Tromberg, Clerk- Attorney
- Testimony Training for Licensed Professionals
- Lecturer for ACE classes on legal, mental health, and substance abuse issues