PAULINA FORREST ESQ.
An advocate for the civil rights of parents in Fort Lauderdale and throughout the State of Florida, Paulina Forrest is partner at the Law Office of Forrest & Forrest, PLLC. She represents clients in divorce and family law matters, including custody and visitation, paternity, spousal support, alimony, collaborative family law, property division, gay and lesbian family law, termination of parental rights, dependency, assisted reproductive technology, child abuse and neglect, cohabitation agreements, child abduction, domestic violence, surrogacy law, and annulments.
Ms. Forrest is admitted to practice in Florida, and she attended the University of Central Florida for her undergraduate degree before moving on to the Florida Coastal School of Law, where she earned high honors and high distinction while obtaining a Juris Doctor.
She has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® (“Rising Stars”) Magazine for 2018, 2019, and 2020, an honor afforded to no more than 2.5% percent of lawyers in Florida.
A top family attorney in Florida, Ms. Forrest received an Avvo “Superb” rating and, for her commitment to legal ethics and professional accomplishments, she earned the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. Ms. Forrest also teaches classes on mental health, substance abuse and legal issues, and Testimony Training for Licensed Professionals.
One of Ms. Forrest’s passions is to reunite families that have been torn apart by substance abuse and mental health issues, built from her previous work assisting indigent persons and the most vulnerable populations in dependency cases. She is a passionate voice and advocate for the rights of those who are often ignored by society. A member of the Greater Fort Lauderdale LGBT Chamber of Commerce, she also teaches seminars and classes on the basics of mental health evaluations and shelter training.
Ms. Forrest authored Chapter 4 (Jurisdiction in Child Custody Cases) of the 14th Edition of The Florida Bar’s complete guide to dissolution of marriage, entitled, Florida Dissolution of Marriage.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- 100% Family Law
- Marital & Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Florida, 2010
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: With High Honors
- Honors: With High Distinction
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- D.S. v. Dep't of Children and Families, WL 1810315, 2015, 4th DCA
- M.P. v. Dep't of Children and Families , 159 So.3d 911 (Fla 4th DCA 2015), 2015, 4th DCA
- J.C. v. Dep't of Children and Families, 77 So.3d 1277 (Fla. 5th DCA 2011), 2011, 5th DCA
- C.P. v. Dept of Children and Families 56 So.3d 1193 (4th DCA 2014)
- O.G. v. Dept of Children and Families 2014 WL 5149083
- Shelter Training, the Basics and More , OCCCRC
- Everything you need to know about mental health evaluations, OCCCRC
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay Chamber of Commerce, Member, Present
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel, Appellate and Training Attorney
- Law Office of Fred Tromberg, Clerk- Attorney
- Testimony Training for Licensed Professionals
- Lecturer for ACE classes on legal, mental health, and substance abuse issues